Careers at the Settlement
Northwestern Settlement is a nonprofit organization located in and serving the West Town neighborhood of Chicago. Our employees come from all walks of life and do all kinds of work, but we are all united in our commitment to bettering the lives of our neighbors and having a positive impact in our community. We invite you to join in that commitment and set your unique abilities to work for our cause.
Current staff click here for online resources.
- Communications Intern - Support the development office in communications through press, website content, and social media to promote events and Settlement programs.
- Marketing Intern - Support the development office through the creation of marketing materials, design, and written content to promote Settlement programs to current and prospective donors.
- Afterschool Group Worker - Take leadership in the operation of after school programs by providing an afterschool educational plan and instruction to a group of approximately 25 multi-cultural children ages 5-12.
- Food Pantry Coordinator - Work with the Food Pantry & Support Services Director to help oversee the daily operations of our Food Pantry.
- Teacher Assistant, Head Start - Assist with delivering curriculum in early childhood education classrooms.
- Technology Intern - DeVry and Northeastern Illinois students are encouraged to apply via your school's work-study program.
For a listing of employment opportunities at Rowe Elementary School, click here.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in one or more of the positions should see the individual position descriptions for directions to apply.
In addition to the satisfaction of doing good works in the company of great people, Northwestern Settlement employees are also compensated with competitive earnings and an excellent benefits package.
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Group Term Life
- FSA for medical
- FSA for dependent care
- 401k Retirement
- Roth Retirement
- Chicago Teachers’ Pension
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Community Outreach Program
- Employee Recognition Events
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Background investigations are required.
EEOC Statement, Federal Wage and Labor, Employee Rights, IL Wage and Labor Laws