Current employees of Northwestern Settlement can find information about their benefits and other staff resources here.
The ADP portal (https://workforcenow.adp.com) is a customized gateway to a collection of valuable company information and another way to help you maximize the time you spend searching for information important to you and your family. We invite you to use it to gain secure and ready access to company news and policies, as well as your benefits and compensation information. This will be your gateway to managing your benefits.
See the information below to manage your benefits in the following categories:
- Health and Wellness
Medical Benefits – Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL
- NUSA offers HMO Blue Advantage and PPO plans; subject to employee contributions. Coverage begins the 1st day of the month following 30 days of full time employment.
Dental Guardian Insurance
- Dental - NUSA offers a PPO and HMO dental plan; subject to employee contributions. Coverage begins the 1st of the month following 30 days of full time employment.
Group Term Life
- Group Term Life – GTL is 100% employer paid premium. Nusa provides Basic Life coverage for all full time employees in the amount of 200% of your annual salary, to a maximum of $500,000.00.
Long Term Disability
- Long Term Disability – LTD is 100% employer paid premium. It provides benefits starting 91 days after you become disabled. While disabled, your gross monthly benefit may be 66.67% of your salary up to a monthly maximum of $10,000.; subject to approval.
- Voluntary Life – This benefit is 100% employee paid. It provides a one-time payout upon your death. You pay a low premium that increases modestly over time.
- Flexible Spending Account – FSA allows you to create an account with pre-tax dollars to be used for qualifying health and dependent care expenses.
Vision Benefits – Vision Service Providers
- Vision is 100% employer paid premium. NUSA offers a full feature plan including 34,000 locations in the nation’s largest vision network. Coverage begins the 1st day of the month following 30 days of full time employment.
Employee Assistance Programs
- Guardian – EAP #1 is found at www.ibhworklife.com
- Fei – EAP #2 can be found at www.feieap.com
- Your personal guide to achieving a great work-life balance and overall health and well-being: Mental Health, Personal Development, Parenting, Divorce, Adoption, Relationships, Stress, Substance Abuse, Nutrition and much more. Confidential assistance available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
401k – Mutual of America
- NUSA may contribute 5% of your biweekly compensation (subject to change) into a non-contributory plan once eligibility requirements are met. Employees become 100% vested after 6 years.
Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund
Short Term Disability (STD)
- STD is 100% employee paid premium. Provides benefits starting 15 days after you become disabled. This benefit may not exceed 60% of your weekly salary; evidence of insurability is required.
- 100% employer paid premium. When you or your dependents suffer a serious illness, this may supplement your medical and disability income insurance.
Paid Maternity Leave
- Northwestern Settlement provides up to fifteen (15) weeks of Paid Maternity Leave to Eligible Employees.